We have recently been receiving a lot of interest in stand-up paddleboard (SUP) training, and I know that some of you have already contacted Viki to be added to a waiting list should a course become available.
I would like to let you know that we will be hosting our first introductory SUP course on Saturday 29th August. This will be a beginners' course and no previous experience of SUP is needed. The course will cover:
- An overview of boards and equipment
- Safety considerations before going afloat
- Sharing the water with other craft
- Correct forward paddling technique
- General board handling and manoeuvering
- Stance, positioning and footwork
- Safety and rescue on the water
We have had a lot of demand for this type of training, and spaces are strictly limited to 20 in total on this date, so I would encourage you to book quickly to avoid disappointment.
Training Principal, Burton SC